root almighty

GNUtoo GNUtoo at
Wed May 20 18:32:06 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 16:52 +0200, GNUtoo wrote:
> > GNUtoo wrote:
> > >
> > > About the android OS:
> > > *Is the SDK free(as in freedom) software...I bet it isn't but I could be
> > > wrong...this could stop me from trying the android OS
> > >

> > The entire OS is free. The kernel is linux and everything else is under the
> > APL2, an FSF approved license.
> >

> I've asked on IRC about android SDK and I was told that there were 2
> versions:
> *a non-free version tight to that EULA:
> *a free version compilable from source without "google stuff"(such as
> maps)
> I was told I had to gab, type make and then make sdk
> so I think I'll try android...but I'll look first if it's tight to
> google services...(I'm already spied a lot using google search
> engine...I don't want to be spied more)
I've tried android koolu beta 6:
As I had QI i formated a 2GB sd-card in ext2 and uncompressed the
tarball on it
Then it booted and installed android...
Then I had a splash screen...(so no kernel messages)
Then the ugly part...there is skype(the Desktop version bypass
firewalls,eat/steal your bandwith if you have a lot of it,is
encryptd,offuscated,send encrypted stream to the network etc...)!!!
Then I was on irc and I told that there was skype and they told me there
were "plain koolu" images without skype at
then I put android on sd and it boots the old android
you must reformat the sd card and re-extract the "plain koolu" android
on the sd-card and then boot from NOR on the sd-card
I hope I will still be able to boot SHR