[android] new cupcake image

Olivier Berger oberger at ouvaton.org
Thu May 21 17:09:18 CEST 2009

Russell Hay <russellh at ysmail.net> writes:

> 2009/5/20 Russell Dwiggins <undrwater at verizon.net>
>

>> I'm wondering if it has something to do with the partitioning of the SD
>> card?  The wiki confused me because it instructs one to fdisk the card with
>> 2 linux partitions (83), then format one with FAT and one with ext3.  I
>> fdisked the fat partition with vfat (0b) and formatted with vfat, could
>> that
>> be the problem?
>>

> In case you've not seen it, here's the video and the flashing instructions..
> http://www.newlc.com/en/freerunner-mobile-which-support-android-cupcake

The resulting partitioning should look like unless you wouldn't be sure :

# sudo parted -s /dev/sdc print
Model: Generic STORAGE DEVICE (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdc: 2033MB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos

Number  Start  End     Size    Type     File system  Flags
 1      3584B  128MB   128MB   primary  fat16        lba
 2      128MB  256MB   128MB   primary  ext3
 3      256MB  2033MB  1777MB  primary  fat16        lba

Hope this helps,
--
Olivier BERGER
http://www.olivierberger.com/weblog/