[shr-testing] Forcing fast charge mode

Cameron Frazier frazier.cameron at gmail.com
Thu May 21 17:37:43 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 6:15 AM, Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi> wrote:
> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Leonardo de Virgilio
> <fradeve11 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Great link r.h.k.!!
>> I've waited for fast-charging mode on new kernel for months!!
>> I'll try today ;)
>>

> It'd be great if someone had the energy to update
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Forcing_fast_charge_mode#The_battery_package
> - it's a great tool to manage the recharge status & monitor the
> charging. it's only a simple .py with the paths nicely listed -> not
> too hard to do but a package would be nice (or just a new .py with
> updated paths)

I agree, the battery package is quite nice.

Though if you are just looking for fast-charge control for when using
dumb chargers, the basics have already been added to the Battery
module for shr-settings.  It's in the git repo [1], and potentially
buggy, but I was running it fine with my car charger all weekend on a
road trip.  Just replace the existing file in
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/shr_settings_modules/ and restart
shr-settings.

Beware: it may upset your cat, not work, or attract polar bears so use
with understanding, and backup your original before overwriting

[1] http://git.shr-project.org/git/?p=shr-settings.git;a=blob_plain;f=shr_settings_modules/shr_battery.py;hb=HEAD