[GPS] new GPS GUI application for OM freerunner

ivvmm unachievable at gmail.com
Thu May 21 21:25:41 CEST 2009

mqy wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I got my gta02 freerunner on DEC 2008.
> After nearly 5 months development, I'm happy to announce the first alpha
> release of omgps.
>
> It is not as feature rich as other GPS applications, such as tangoGPS,
> anyway I think it should satisfy most of
> the daily needs. Please goto http://code.google.com/p/omgps/, download and
> give a try.
>
> After ten years of programming as a web developer for most of the time, now
> I join the community with my little gift :) Thanks you to open source
> community -- for your great works and spirits.

Your application is definitely good one and worth using it all the time.
But what prevents from using it for now is why is it *so* slow while
dragging the screen or zooming? Well. May be it is not. But in TangoGPS
it just moves the screen, when u drag with a finger and then loads PNG
so it looks like response(somehow). And in omgps I feel like it hangs
for certain amount of time.

Another question. Why did you limit the number of GPX traces? Why just
not to go unlimited?

There is also a repo in TangoGPS called googlesat, which is better than
YahooSat in quality. Can it be added? Or could instructions for adding
it to omgps be posted?

Thank you for improved GPS handling in FreeRunner! Now we have something
to compete with TangoGPS.