[shr] feature request - power

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri May 22 01:07:55 CEST 2009

I think the point is that sliders suck:

1. they are very hard to use - unless you have fingers as thin as a
stylus.  Especially the ones that go close to the screen edge.
2. They are impossible to use whilst walking.
4. They take too long to operate - seem to use a lot of processing as
they "hang" for a few seconds part way until the display settles.

Basicly, sliders are inappropriate for digital (on/off) values - thats
what radio buttons are for.

And yes I would love to have the time to figure out how the opaque mess
that is e works so I can fix these HCI disasters, at least for
myself ...

BillK

On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 16:19 +0200, Johny Tenfinger wrote:
> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 16:09, jeremy jozwik <jerjoz.forums at gmail.com> wrote:
> > well nuts to that...
> >
> > "I can switch them easly... Closing as upstream - looking of elementary
> >  Toggles depends on elementary theme. If you think default elementary theme
> >  is bad, please report it on e tracker (or develop SHR theme ;) )"
>
> (that was me who closed that ticket, and i'm main developer of shr-settings)
>
> Size of Toggles (that sliders) is equal to size of buttons. So what's
> the problem? It only looks thin. I agree on one - we really should
> have our own elementary (and e17 at all) theme. But we don't have at
> the moment. That's why i closed ticket, as it's not possible to do
> easily without breaking everything. I hope you understand :)

Home in Perth!