Community-driven redesign / new theme for Paroli

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Fri May 22 10:20:17 CEST 2009

2009/5/19 Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org>:
>> * What kind of effects do we have available? Fading, sliding..? I'd
>> like to see it smoooth & bling bling to impress my fellow Nokianians
>
> That smells like sssssllllooooowwwwwww UI on this hardware, sadly :(

This _might_ change if the xf86-video-glamo developers can get rid of
the terrible CPU stalling waits that are currently used. Ie. in the
exa-via-dri branch.

Also, something like illume task switcher was already pretty smooth
scrolling at best, so if X is just used sparingly (like Enlightenment
17 often does), it might be doable to do already some smoothish
scrolling.

-Timo