Community-driven redesign / new theme for Paroli

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at ansol.org
Fri May 22 11:39:52 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 11:16:17AM +0300, Risto H. Kurppa wrote:
> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Max <max at darim.com> wrote:
> > That's really interesting initiative.
> > However it's unclear how do we handle rotation with this approach.
> > I think it's one of the crucial things about themes - to be able to work
> > (e. g. look & feel nice) after rotation.
>
> If you ask me, the design should not be the same after rotation - it's
> a different screen after that -> the layout should change, too. So I'd
> like to see two variations of each theme: one for horiz and one for
> vertical position so that they're really mentioned to work on those
> positions..

Which is why I would like d-bus to be easier to work with, in order to
have omnewrotate broadcast what it thinks the position is.

Also, to receive a signal requesting not to rotate and releasing such
a signal.

This should be "standardized" in order to allow other apps to play well
with each other.

Rui