Om2009 testing release 4

Jose Luis Perez Diez jluis at escomposlinux.org
Fri May 22 12:33:24 CEST 2009

El Thursday, 21 de May de 2009 21:34:48 Angus Ainslie va escriure:
> Don't bother trying to do an opkg update opkg upgrade to do the upgrade.
> Chances are you won't get the dependencies right ( I know I didn't ). If
> you want to preserve your settings use the bind-home method and flash the
> full image.

I was using the previous realease as a test-bed for a document I am preparing.
I want to show how to use the toolchain and distcc to develop on the neo, my
root fs is 0.5G without the swapfile, and runing the test suite of distcc3.1
to see if pump mode could work so this morning I backuped my rootfs with
partimage on the pc and tried the upgrade.

The first opkg upgrade warned me of paroli-elementary trying to overwrite
files that were of other packages. After "opkg install
paroli-elementary -force-overwrite" the opkg upgrade went well.

I did not notice new issues.