[shr] [om2009] call volume in shr-unstable

Klaus 'mrmoku' Kurzmann mok at mnet-online.de
Mon May 25 11:07:48 CEST 2009

Am Montag 25 Mai 2009 09:25:24 schrieb Petr Vanek:
> hi,
>
> shr-unstable has been working well on my fr. Latest flashing happened
> about two/three weeks ago.
>
> After last upgrades my call volume got really loud and the echo is
> back. Also the outgoing sound (my voice) is overdriven and distorted a
> lot. I tried flashing new unstable this morning and the same issue
> happend.
>
> but: my brothers freerunner seems to be much lover on sound output and
> doesn't show any of this issues, actually his call volume is still on
> the edge of being audible.
>
> The same issue seems to be happening in latest paroli tr4. Is this a
> FSO bug?
This is *NOT* a bug :) Finally the alsa state file for gsmhandset got fixed in
the om svn. And this is why it is now in latest SHR and paroli images.

The default volume is put on max, which is obviously to high. And because it
is depending on personal taste and the location your in (think doing a phone
call in the disco ;) we want to have a volume and a mic slider in the active
call view.

Until that will happen, you have to adjust the state file. Open
/usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/gsmhandset.state and adjust it. IIRC it is
control.4 (Speaker Playback Volume)... setting it to 105 gets me nice 'normal'
volume.

--

Klaus 'mrmoku' Kurzmann