Intone (0.51) Elementary based mplayer frontend

Marcel tanuva at googlemail.com
Mon May 25 11:18:41 CEST 2009

Am Montag, 25. Mai 2009 05:07:32 schrieb Robin Paulson:
> 2009/5/25 Laszlo KREKACS <laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com>:
> >> And now I cant find the package, where libmad.so.0 belongs.
> >
> > On irc jonkristian was kind enough, to execute the following
> > commands: find / -name libmad.so.0 -> /usr/lib/libmad.so.0
> > opkg search /usr/lib/libmad.so.0 -> libmad0
> >
> > So the package should be libmad0. According to
> > http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/unstable/armv4t/ ,
> > There is no libmad0 package available.
>
> this for me is the fundamental problem with om200x releases. they're
> great for stability and phone-like activities, but there is such a
> small number of packages available for doing/supporting other stuff,
> it encourages a very un-linux like way of doing things. i got to a
> point of having to manually install so many libraries/other packages
> to support applications. this is very frustrating and usually produces
> a broken system, and i think why shr, hackable:1, etc are gaining
> popularity. now if only shr would recognise my sim, i'd switch back in
> a flash

That's exactly why I dislike all this opkg stuff so much, the repos are
scattered all about the net and not even all projects listed on opkg have
their most recent packages there but somewhere else, thus one has to pull
them by hand instead of being done with adding opkg.org as a repository.
I look forward to elm for Debian so much, then I can return to my beloved
distro which contains (nearly) every single app one might need...

--
Marcel