GPRS and "incall" volume adjustment OM2009 and hackable?!

Steffen Winkler steffen.linux at gmx.de
Mon May 25 15:24:42 CEST 2009

Hi there,

for me, hackable is quite useable, but I've got two questions, that are
also affecting OM2009: Is there a graphical setting application with
which I can activate and configure (passwd, username and provider) GPRS?

I haven't found something like that in hackable (even going through the
config files as descripted in
http://blondon.fr/blog/index.php?post/2009/05/21/hackable%
3A1-rev4-and-the-gprs doesn't work, I get no error, but I can't ping
anything) and for OM2009 I only found a notice, that it will be
implemented at the end of March ->
http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td2410042|a2410042.

But march is over, so is there a GUI for GPRS settings?

And now the second question: Voice adjustment during a call. In
hackable, there is a slider for this, but it doesn't seem to do anything
functional?!

In OM2009, if I read the wiki page correct, there is already such a
thing. But for what is it? Is it the adjustment of my microphone, or the
adjustment of my speakers? Or both?

Oh and, is OM2009 as fast as hackable? (scrolling, starting
applications...)