Launcher/Home Page (Proof of concept) Working Release

Warren Baird wjbaird at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Mon May 25 22:07:23 CEST 2009

Hi Miguel,

it's not super intuitive, but it is documented in the 'how do I get to
settings' and 'how do I get Illlume' sections of
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Paroli#FAQ - basically on the main page hold
the option button down for a few seconds to bring up the settings dialog,
and then under display hit 'profile' once to bring up the illume top-bar.

Then you can launch any applications you'd like from the illume panel.

Personally, I think it's a bit odd to have one launcher for all of your
other apps, and then the paroli main page as a 'launcher' for the
phone/sms/contacts page, but it sounds like people are working on fixing
that.

Warren

2009/5/25 Miguel Ángel Calderón <miguelangel.co at gmail.com>

> I yesterday gave it a try to last testing image of paroli om 2009 and It
> was fast and
> clean, and telephony functionalities worked quite well, however, I didn't
> find how to
> launch other applications?
>
> By your message I understand that paroli has got this kind of feature, is
> it right?
> could you give me a clue of how to find and use it?
>
> Best regards...
>
> P.S: I didn't send a feed back to the list because I couldn't do a deep
> test so my
> contribution would not have said anything else new...
>
> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org>wrote:
>
>> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 06:45:48AM -0700, c_c wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >  22 views and no feedback? I thought this was a much needed app! Hmmm.
>>

>> Shouldn't repeat functionality from Paroli (even if it's currently
>> lacking)
>> like the missed calls, and separation by f.d.o categories are way more
>> needed
>> before I'll give it a try!
>>
>> But good work so far, it looks good! :)
>>
>> Rui

> --
> Un saludo
> --
> There is no spoon

Warren Baird - Photographer and Digital Artist
http://www.synergisticimages.ca