[Neovento-5.4] angle brackets I have, but apt-get did not.

clare johnstone claregj at gmail.com
Mon May 25 23:34:58 CEST 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 11:07 PM, clare johnstone <claregj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Arne,
>
> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 10:41 PM, arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de> wrote:
>>> BUT I have struck a problem, I can't do apt-get
>>> it says:
>>
>> what's the command you use?
> apt-get install less
>
> but wget has the problem so it must be something basic. no proxy.

Hello again

That was yesterday; I left it running and this morning turned on gprs
and unplugged the usb and did "apt-get install less" and it got it and
installed it.
but reverting to usb with gprs off I tried "apt-get update" and got
the same failure "Err http://pkg-fso.alioth.debian.org unstable
Release.gpg
  Temporary failure resolving 'pkg-fso.alioth.debian.org'"

and while I was writing that there are 2 new mails - from Arne and
reznor. Thank you both. i will try the later release before going any
further and it will be tonight as  I need to leave for work soon. As
to the brackets being  in already, that is a worry, I didn't see them
tho I hoped they might be there.  So it is the usb via the PC that I
need to look at. If I get a chance I will try at work, but I have
never done it there. more later,  thank you, clare