Visit at Openmoko

William Lai will at openmoko.com
Tue May 26 19:57:51 CEST 2009

No, I was not being sarcastic.  People were saying their 'thank you goodbyes' so I wanted to clarify that we are still here, and there is lots of work to do.

I do not know Sven and I never saw him in the office, but he has every right to interpret and share what he heard.  Yes, there were layoffs.  There are just enough people remaining to keep things going (literally) and Sean chose to do so over shutting everything down.  Please try to see things from that perspective instead of siding with the more negative aspects.  Tomorrow, what remains of us, will go to work and continue to deliver solid FR hardware, provide re-work solutions and run servers for our customers.  If you feel that is not enough than please jump in and get your hands dirty.  The idea of an open phone started out as a revolution -- now pick up your sticks and fight if you want it to happen.

Thanks,
Will