OM2009t4: failure to suspend

Tom Yates madhatter at teaparty.net
Thu May 28 10:28:11 CEST 2009

On Wed, 27 May 2009, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:

> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 10:04:27PM +0200, Hans Zimmerman wrote:
>> Tom Yates wrote:
>>>
>>> my bugbear is failure-to-suspend, which happens after nearly every
>>> incoming call, and because the phone will then suspend neither on quick-
>>> push-of-power-button nor idle-timeout, it rapidly runs out of battery.
>
> I've a strong feeling it's related to missed calls, or even received
> calls in certain conditions. Mirko mentioned there are many fixes going
> in frameworkd and paroli.

thanks to those who have offered up their experiences.  i see that there
is an open 'moko tracker related to this issue at
https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2284 , and an FSO tracker explicitly
about it at http://trac.freesmartphone.org/ticket/435 .

i found some interesting things with testing yesterday, which seem to
point much lower than paroli.  once my phone stops suspending on
power-button-push, "apm --suspend" wakes straight back up with "device or
resource busy", and any attempt to talk to the modem to find out what it's
doing with mickeyterm fails with

root at tom-gta02:~# mickeyterm
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/mickeyterm", line 520, in <module>
     port = iMuxer.AllocChannel( "mickeyterm.%d" % os.getpid() )
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 68, in __call__
     return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in __call__
     **keywords)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 622, in call_blocking
     message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freesmartphone.GSM.MUX.NoChannel: All channels are used

once i get home and near a browser with my tracker credientials stored,
i'll put them into the FSO tracker (the 'moko tracker has a pointer to it,
thanks to khiraly).  may i encourage others who are having the problem to
add their experiences to the FSO tracker?  and if anyone has any ideas
about how to diagnose this further, maybe pop them in there, too?

i should also thank Laszlo KREKACS, who was working on this and sent me
modified .py files to try generating more log information.  they stopped
my phone working, so i had to back them out, but i know he's looking at
the problem.

--

   Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net