Tangogps or navit with prepackaged Europe map

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Thu May 28 13:11:56 CEST 2009

Laszlo KREKACS wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> Is anyone aware of any images, with prepacked maps with tangogps or navit?
> Im going to travel in the next days across Europe, and a gps device
> would be handy.
> I have a spare 2G uSD card. So some ready-made uSD image would be
> extremely cool.
>
> I only need the map and gps, no phone functionality is required.
>
> Any ideas?

Navit has support for that kind of use. But I don't think you can get a
europe opkg package quite yet.

But there is a template how to throw a little xml snipped into some
directory (included in the mapset esction of navit.xml). Just poit it to
your sd card where your europe.bin is.

I can't give you a exact description sinc ei don't have a openmoko phone
at hand right now. But the wiki tells you how to get osm maps and the
default config shows you how to integrate it.

--
MFG
 Tilman Baumann