OM2009t4: failure to suspend

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Thu May 28 14:19:11 CEST 2009

http://www.mail-archive.com/support@lists.openmoko.org/msg04770.html

> And how many contacts do you have?

I think it said it wrote about 149 contacts out, but that's because many of
them have multiple numbers (home, work, mobile, etc).

> Does it handle a large volume well?

It wrote out the file really quickly, I don't think that'd be an issue..

> I have over 200 contacts, and up until Om2008.12 my main grips were that I
> couldn't search contacts and scrolling such a large list was a PITA,

That's definitely a problem in Paroli at present, you need to just scroll down
the list to find the person you're after. :-(

I sort of like the way that Neovento does it where it displays N contacts on a
page with arrows to go backwards and forwards in the list, it avoids
accidentally selecting a contact for instance.

> and also that it would have a seemingly randomlyish sorted order (not
> insertion order, not alphabetical, etc... BUT it had two sets of ordered
> contacts)

As I've rebuild my contact list from scratch this doesn't seem to be too much
of an issue for me, though I don't know how it orders the ones in its own DB
versus the ones on the SIM.

cheers!
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP