[debian] doom accel/touch not working right?

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Thu May 28 14:19:55 CEST 2009

> No one knows how to fix the bug that the input isn't working right anymore?
>
> When i do a "hexdump /dev/input/event2" or with event3 i got data so the
> accels seems to work. A short look at the modifications Scott made to
> the sourcecode shows that he uses these input devices. But ingame the
> accels has no effect at all.
> I also took a short look at the touchscreen modifications in the
> sourcecode but i'm no C(++) programmer so i can't say what could be wrong.

Ok, i think i know why the touchscreen input isn't working right. I used
a startscript which changes the screen resolution and orientation before
and after i start doom. But now i tried to do it in single steps and i
found a behaviour which is not right.
When i change the screen to 320x240 landscape mode the touchscreen input
seems to be still on 640x480. Because on the desktop i can see that the
mouse is moving only for 1/4 of the touchscreen area within the visible
screen resolution.

I use these two commands to change the display resolution and orientation:
echo qvga-normal > /sys/bus/spi/devices/spi2.0/state
xrandr -s 240x320 -o 1

Is there anything which i can do so that the touchscreen input also is
scaled to 320x240 in landscape mode?

Ciao,
     Rainer