Tangogps or navit with prepackaged Europe map

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Thu May 28 16:10:11 CEST 2009

>>Maybe there is already available uSD image....
> Ok. I tried to install navit on SHR.

For starting navit the navit-dev package was required:

I have put the germany.navit.bin file to /mnt/media/europe dir.
I have put into navit.xml file:
<mapset enabled="no">
  <xi:include href="$NAVIT_SHAREDIR/maps/*.xml"/>

<!-- Mapset template for openstreetmaps -->
        <mapset enabled="yes">
                <map type="binfile" enabled="yes"

Navit starts but the map is brownish yellowis solid color. So there is no map.
I cant zoom  out as the internal gui does not have such buttons.

I can press on zoom out in gtk gut, but nohting happens.

Anything more is required? A "gps" deamon?