SHR testing won't boot - jffs2 error ?

Chris Samuel chris at
Sun May 31 02:05:44 CEST 2009

Hi all,

In my continuing time of playing around with distros on my FR I thought I'd
give SHR a pop, but I'm not having much luck.  The latest unstable SHR image
file "shr-image-om-gta02.jffs2" won't boot, I get the Qi related messages
about unknown boot options for it trying to set the MAC address, and then
nothing more.

So I tried SHR testing but (as well as the above messages) I get this:

Argh. No free space left for GC. nr_erasing blocks is 0. nr_free_blocks is 0.
(erasableempty: yes, erasingempty: yes, erasependingempty: yes)
Error garbage collecting node at 00160000!

Any thoughts ?

 Chris Samuel  :  :  Melbourne, VIC

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: