Tichy version 1.1.0 released

Guillaume Chereau charlie137 at gmail.com
Sun May 31 16:27:57 CEST 2009

Hello everybody !

This is the announcement for the release of tichy version 1.1.0.  This
is the second release, coming 2 months after the first one.

For those who don't know, tichy is a python applets manager aimed
toward telephony applications. I uploaded a video [0] on youtube
showing how the interface looks like. We can also see some
screen-shots from the google code page [1]

The release notes, with the list of changes can be seen here [2.
Beside a lot of internal cleaning, the biggest changes are :
- improved widget style system
- improved PIM support
- improved text editor
- improved terminal application
- added unit tests

I provide a package for both debian and SHR/FSO. It has been mostly
tested on debian, and some things may not work very well on other
distributions.  I hope this will interest people.  I would like to
know if any maintainers of distributions would be interested to add
tichy into there feeds.

Looking forward for comments,

Cheers,
Guillaume