Using loglevel=8 to boot and then silencing the kernel (was: Re: [Om2009] a community effort)

Paul Fertser fercerpav at
Sun May 31 16:54:07 CEST 2009

William Kenworthy <billk at> writes:
> On Sun, 2009-05-31 at 10:46 +0200, Fox Mulder wrote:
>> I use QI for some months now and it never failed once to boot my neo. I
>> also changed the version of qi some times to a newer version but this
>> never changed the working state for me. :)
>> So think of QI as stable enough for daily use.
> ok, thats a few saying it works so I'll give it another try.  But I
> really really dont like the way it doesnt inform the user whats
> happening.

BTW, you can set loglevel to 8 to have a slow but informative kernel
boot and then issue dmesg -n1 somewhere in your initscripts so that
verbose messages won't hurt suspend/resume time.

Be free, use free ( software!
mailto:fercerpav at