[All] Black Screen of Death - Won't resume from standby

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Sun Nov 1 15:29:28 CET 2009

Hi,

As you go into suspend, a script is called that *stops* (kills the process)
omnewrotate.

As you resume, a script is called that starts omnewrotate.

So:

  1) as you suspend, omnewrotate is *not* even working.
  2) only after resume is completed does omnewrotate get started

Conclusion: omnewrotate doesn't affect suspend/resume cycles. :)

This scripts were place early on in it's development as after resuming
omnewrotate couldn't get any data from the accelerometers (let alone
my fears that keeping the device open could affect resume).

Rui