Some questions about android on Freerunner

Alexander Shulgin alex.shulgin at
Thu Nov 5 09:43:15 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 10:22, a dehqan <dehqan65 at> wrote:
>> But I believe it's not the 'owners' (better say 'project admins') of
>> Android on FreeRunner decided to forbid any particular group of people
>> to access the project.  It's ultimately must be Google, Inc. who is in
>> control of the whole site.
>> > Is it the only source and owner of official builds for freerunner ?
>> You can always download the source code from git repositories at
>> gitourious and compile it yourself.
> Ok , you mean owners of codes are devopers around the world , and they put
> their codes on yes ?
> So important question  , Is all the content of
> in git repositories at
> gitourious ?

Unfortunately, not.  The git repository only contains the source code.
 The project pages on include issue list, wiki pages
and released files for download as I mentioned before.

> By and large , it's required to know if google wants iranians to use android
> and it's applications or not ?
> It is explicit that google is owner of android  , Does google allow iranians
> use android ?

Although legally possible, I don't think they restrict usage of
android based on nationality.  You may still encounter problems
connecting to Google services from your device if the packets travel
through Iranian ips banned in this way by google.