[OffTopic]Geek'sPhone: New android actor?

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Mon Nov 9 15:08:12 CET 2009

We are in contact with this Geek'sphone  guys since it first
prototipe(it had also included DVB-T receiver) and we even have indeep
tested and evaluated this first prototype , due our conclusions they
had changed totally from manufacturer and platform, I have no new
prototype of that version yet, surelly I will, but the main problem is
not from part of Geek'sphone, they are really open to make his phone
open :P, the blocking part of this  are the manufacturers.
Manufacturers are very very reluctant to provide any depth technical
information even  being disposed to sign any NDA needed. The first
manufacturer at the end of a lot of work and mails , finally accepts
to share with us the Kernel source code but without schematics nor BOF
was very  dificult to continue, so Geek'sphone finally decide to
change the platform to be able to go to market on time, and we are at
the starting point again con convices the manufacturer about the
benefits on let the hackers play with their phone instead of put
obstacles on it.
We have an eye on this and of course the objective is to run other SO
on it and first candidate is SHR of course :)
David Reyes Samblas Martinez
http://www.tuxbrain.com
Open ultraportable & embedded solutions
Openmoko, Openpandora,  Arduino