Ericsson releases "free" cell-id lookup API

Thomas Landspurg t.landspurg at 8motions.com
Tue Nov 10 14:54:52 CET 2009

 Agree, as far as I know, there is no way to most on the device to
access to these informations. What I know is that now Google Map use
frequently location provided by operators (and not by their own
database). On the operator side, you can have a better location than
just the cell because the networks also knows the neighbouring cells
and other parameters, but this require changes or new equipement in
the network, which is costly.