[freerunner] data plan USA

Ed Kapitein ed at kapitein.org
Wed Nov 11 09:34:47 CET 2009

Hi all,

We will be traveling trough the mid-west of the USA this summer for
about a month.
And i am looking for a way to have mobile internet on my freerunner
while doing so. (freerunner used as a modem for my laptop too)
What are the experiences with mobile data in that part of the US?
What is the best provider ? (cingular, t-mobile....)
What is the cheapest way to do so?
Can you roam from state to state on one plan, or is there a price per

Last time i bought a card like [1], but only for voice calls, and that
worked well.

Thanks for the input!

Kind regards,