[freerunner] data plan USA

Jim Ancona jim at anconafamily.com
Thu Nov 12 00:20:52 CET 2009

AT&T (formerly Cingular) has prepaid voice and data. The details of
the various plans are on their web site at:
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/go-phones/pyg-plans-phones.jsp

They offer two add-on data feature packages:

1 mb for $4.99
100 mb for 19.99

More detail on the feature packages here:
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/prepaid-feature-packages.jsp

Both of the data plans are good for thirty days and unused data can be
rolled over if you renew before the 30 days are up. With my Freerunner
I can stretch 100 mb over several months, just paying $4.99 every
thirty days to add a megabyte and (more importantly) roll over the
unused data from the 100 mb package.

The other nationwide GSM carrier in the US is T-mobile. AFAIK, they
don't have a pure prepaid data option, although there is some kind of
"walled garden" set of mobile sites that their prepaid customers can
access free.

Howard Forums has a good set of prepaid discussion forums at:
http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=325

Hope this helps!

Jim