Vibrating Pidgin alerts (new plugin)

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at
Thu Nov 12 07:10:38 CET 2009

Hi everybody,

I got bored the other night and hacked together a plugin for Pidgin
that allows the Neo's vibrator to be used as a notifier for various IM
events (such as incoming messages, buddy-logon, etc.); which
particular events do or don't trigger vibrating alerts is configurable
via Pidgin's plugin-management GUI.

In case anyone else is interested, I've posted tarballs and a Bazaar
archive on my website:

It should also work with any other applications based on libpurple,
but I haven't tried it (while I like Finch on the desktop, it doesn't
seem to make much sense to run it on my FreeRunner ;)).