Unable to place a WikiReader review on Amazon

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Tue Nov 17 03:46:37 CET 2009

"" <jcolbert at netins.net> writes:

> You should be able to post a review on Amazon. I bought
> mine directly from the Wikireader site, as you did, and
> had no problem posting a review. You may need to log in to
> Amazon before you try to post.

I think I have to actually buy /something/ *from Amazon* before
they'll let me post any reviews--I don't necessarily have to buy the
product that I'm reviewing from them, but I have to buy *something*
from them. You must have previously bought something from them.

My Amazon account was only even created as a side-effect of the
`Amazon Payments' processing of the order placed through thewikireader.com,
so I don't meet that criteria: I've never bought /anything/ *from Amazon*.

It seems like a sort-of weird policy, but I guess I've probably seen weirder.
Maybe there's some legitimate logic behind it, somewhere.

It looks like the WikiReader has just been removed from their product
listing (except that it's still in some of the `bestsellers' lists,
depending on how you navigate there...), otherwise I'd just buy
another one [*from Amazon*] (hey--the holidays are coming! ;)).

I guess I shouldn't have asked! Sorry, everybody. :(