Unable to place a WikiReader review on Amazon

Sean Moss-Pultz sean at openmoko.com
Thu Nov 19 11:09:47 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 5:37 PM, David Reyes Samblas Martinez
<david at tuxbrain.com> wrote:

> 2009/11/19 Christoph Pulster <openmoko at pulster.de>:
> >> In parallel universe, I'm sure there's a system better than Amazon's.
> >
> > Its called distribution/reseller network :)
> Sean I must admit you should have count on us a little more in the
> launch of the Wikireader, I believe we have demostrate we are faithful
> to the spirit of the project

David, Christoph

Please understand that it's not a faith / trust issue what-so-ever.
Let me explain a bit more...

With our current resources we could only make an initial version that
worked well with English. So naturally we chose to focus on the US
market for the launch. In this market, it's just about impossible to
sell (well) without being on Amazon. Amazon *is* e-commerse to the
average American. (They currently have over 150M accounts. Ignoring
this is the epitome of shooting yourself in the foot.)

Europe is super important to us. As is the rest of the world. But we
want to make sure WikiReader is 100% usable, right out of the box.
Which means we need to support more languages (both from the technical
side and from the customer service side). This is all high on our
priority list. But it's going to take us some time to get there.

We'll definitely let you know when we're close.

Sean