Xorg Glamo

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Thu Nov 19 14:58:29 CET 2009

Thomas White wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:09:32 +0100
> David Garabana Barro <david at garabana.com> wrote:
>
>> I know the bandwith handicap, and I know it's not possible to improve
>> that, but having free CPU time while Glamo is drawing should allow to
>> calculate things (as next frames) instead of waiting glamo to finish.
>> Shouldn't it?
>
> That's right.  All I was saying is that the improvement only applies
> for accelerated operations, and that (at the moment) we don't ask it to
> do very many of those.  At least, not operations that are large enough
> to be worth accelerating.

The operation I seem to wait most for, is sluggish scrolling. Is that
accelerated, or at least possible to accelerate?

I don't worry so much that a complex window might render slowly. I can
go for software with simple fast layouts. But a little more snappiness
when dragging/scrolling might be very noticeable.

Helge Hafting