How to transfer SMS from your old phone?

Paul Fertser fercerpav at
Sun Nov 22 12:05:31 CET 2009

Ben Wong < at> writes:
> By the way, the slowest part of the process was rebooting the
> FreeRunner between each SIM.  I didn't want to risk my FreeRunner by
> hot-swapping the SIM (and SD card since that's in the way).  Does
> anyone know if it would have been safe to do that?

When the calypso is off (and it's always off unless GSM resource is
requested), it's perfectly ok to swap SIM cards. And no, SD card is
under the SIM, so it shouldn't be a problem. Just do not forget to
connect to usb or wallcharger because you'll need to take out the

Be free, use free ( software!
mailto:fercerpav at