How to transfer SMS from your old phone?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 12:58:04 CET 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Jan Vlug <jan.public at famvlug.nl> wrote:

> I would like to transfer my old SMSes from my previous Windows Mobile
> phone to my Openmoko FreeRunner. I vaguely remember to have seen
> instructions on a user page on the wiki about how to do this. But I
> cannot find this page any more.
>
> Please, let me know how to do this if you know.

Generalized instructions, will possibly work with most phones:

1) export the data

- direct way: use the phone built in tools to export / transfer the messages
out to a file or somesuch
  SMS Exporter[1] or Mobile Express[2] can probably be used (never had a
windows phone, never used any tool)

- indirect way: connect the phone to a computer (PC) and use the phone tools
on the PC to export the messages to a file or...

2) import the data on the Openmoko phone
- find and use an existing tool that will import messages
- or write your own