[SHR] Multiple packages providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER. Using latest.

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 22:22:15 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:12:21PM +0100, Carsten Gerlach wrote:
> Hello at all,
>
> What does this message mean?
> "Multiple packages providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER.  Using latest."
>
> What can I do to fix this issue?
>
> In the current case I tryed an update from navit, it cames from svn-2755 to
> svn-2758, but this version has bugs. So I did "opkg remove navit" and then
> "opkg install install http://download.navit-
> project.org/navit/openmoko/svn/navit-svn-2755_armv4t.opk"
>
> Now during the installation this message occures and then opkg switches
> directly to svn 2758...
>
> What can I do to get the latest working 2755?
>
> Thanks, Carsten

Latest working version is in shr-feeds and its svn-2760 and will be build
later today.

If you really want to use navit from navit. Built against om-2008 instead
image you maybe have installed (I guess shr-unstable). Then you probably
need to remove svn-2758 from /usr/lib/opkg/status file.

Btw latest navit in shr-feeds will be 2 packages, navit-icons and navit
itself for faster opkg upgrade of often upgraded navit "application" and
icons will be updated only when needed.

Regards

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr