Fwd: [Shr-User] SHR-unstable got a facelift. And you a christmas present....

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 23:22:23 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 01:07:40AM +0300, Gennady Kupava wrote:
> Of course, device is unusable without Thomas kernel patch. With that
> patch it's really fast like a... like a usual device, except some things
> like tangogps with large map, and main screen. I didn't notice if
> someone post prebuild kernel with modules, so here is mine andy-tracking
> with whole Thomas patch and all debug disabled:
> http://www.bsdmn.com/openmoko/. Btw, why kernel debug things are enabled
> in kernels now for ordinary users in ordinary distributions? Without it
> feels faster. Can't wait until 2.6.31 will be ready and in
> distributions! Btw, I checked this with both shr and qtmoko - boost is
> amazing. Only thing I don't know is how to transfer pint of best beer to
> location of patches author. So far, I didn't notice any problems with
> kernel.

If whole Thomas patch you mean drm-tracking branch from Thomas White
then its built almost daily (sometimes even few times a day :)) here:
http://build.shr-project.org/tests/mrmoku/kms/
This kernel is not in shr-unstable by default just because all shr devs
get WSOD during resume with this one, but we like it a lot.

If you want to try 2.6.31 with all Thomas's patches again
http://build.shr-project.org/tests/mrmoku/2.6.31/
but expect some problems with ie sound/gsm/(W|B)SOD

Cheers,

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr
JaMa