No gps connection in navit with SHR-unstable

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Wed Nov 25 23:07:00 CET 2009

Carsten Gerlach wrote:
> Hello at all,
>
> sorry for this crosspost, but I think this topic is for both list interesting.
>
> Today I flashed the new SHR-Image (lite) from 24. nov. 2009 on my freerunner,
> and installed the latest svn version from navit, 2797.
>
> At the start of navit I get this error message:

> vehicle_gpsd:vehicle_gpsd_try_open:Trying to connect to localhost:default
> vehicle_gpsd:vehicle_gpsd_try_open:Warning: gps_fd is 0, most likely you have
> used a gps.h incompatible to
> libgpsvehicle_gpsd:vehicle_gpsd_try_open:Connected to gpsd fd=0
> evwatch=0xaa3e0
> navit:main_real:Using '/home/root/.navit/navit.xml'
>
> In general the gps is working, tested with tangogps. Only navit doesn't see
> the gps.
>
> What can I do to solve this problem? If any further information is needed,
> I'll try to give my best. :-)

I'm at the same error right now. I tried different settings but nothing
helped. Now i wanted to compile navit on the freerunner myself but
within the shr feeds are not all required packages to do so. And i don't
know how to cross-compile it on my pc. :/
Gps works right with tangogps, omgps and advanced-geocaching-tool so it
have to be something with navit. I have the latest 2797 version from [1]
installed and not the one in the shr feeds. I also linked libgps.so.17
to libgps.so.16. When i look in my current position navit shows
something with 832° in front which is a bit off my current position. ;)

Ciao,
     Rainer

[1] http://download.navit-project.org/navit/openmoko/svn/