Navit - unusable?

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at
Sun Nov 29 06:11:38 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 01:43:59AM +0100, Jens Seidel wrote:
> Hi,

> How to add a destination? I select as Country Germany, and my City followed
> by Street and Number. And now? Any click on Map, Bookmark and Destination
> does nothing. I assume I have to be online for this step, this is fulfilled.

You don't have to be online, but you need right source for binary maps.
Last time I checked maps downloaded from
I wasn't able to find town/street etc., I was told that cloudmade is
using older version of osm2navit and that maps from
should have search working and really search works for me...

Not sure if its still the case.. Last time I checked was about half year

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at