How to publish a piece of software in python?

Ivo van den Maagdenberg ivo.vdmaagdenberg at
Sun Nov 29 20:09:05 CET 2009

I have a rather simple request: what is the procedure to publish a set
of python script files, into a distributable package for releasing it
to the opkg feeds? posed me some challanges. After reaching
"How to create your own project from the sample project" it seems this
whole method is for a c-programs... this turns me down, sorry.

So, where is the simple 5-10 step procedure for average joes like me?