How to publish a piece of software in python?

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at
Sun Nov 29 20:16:19 CET 2009

An ipk file is just a load of files packaged together. These are
distributed as you see fit, then opkg "installs" your application by
extracting the relevant files to the places you want them. All very
easy (said, literally, as an average Joe) if you use the ipkg-build
script. More info:

Of course, a good way to learn is to grab any ipk file, extract it,
and see what it does.

Cheers, Joseph