How to publish a piece of software in python?

Ivo van den Maagdenberg ivo.vdmaagdenberg at
Mon Nov 30 00:10:56 CET 2009

2009/11/29 Joseph Reeves <iknowjoseph at>:
> An ipk file is just a load of files packaged together. These are
> distributed as you see fit, then opkg "installs" your application by
> extracting the relevant files to the places you want them. All very
> easy (said, literally, as an average Joe) if you use the ipkg-build
> script. More info:
That link truly helped. Currently I have deploy an ipkg package on my
moko, which lands things as intended in /usr/bin and
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/. Great! Another step further into
public availability of my tinkering :)