Performance of the accelerometer on FR

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Thu Oct 1 12:08:33 CEST 2009

> What are the accelerometers used in the FR (company and model number)?I
> think it might be Freescale's MMA7260.If it is it has selectable
> sensitivities in the range of +/- 1.5 g to 6 g what has been selected in
> the free runner.What I observed is that the Free runner is able to
> detect shocks as in if a person is running it will work well to detect
> such shocks.Also if one has to use it to shuffle songs it will work well.

Freerunner uses the LIS302DL accelerometers from ST [1]. They can be
switched between +-2g and +-8g range and have a resolution of 8 bit per
axis. The sample rate can be selected between 100Hz and 400Hz. And they
inherit some nice functions like double click detection and zero-g
filtering.

Ciao,
     Rainer

[1] http://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/ds/12726/lis302dl.pdf