FreeRunner case + stylus holder (was Re: New case)

Alvie alvieboy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 22:36:05 CEST 2009

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen wrote:
>    I don't think the FreeRunner was necessarily intended for stylus use. A
> lot of people will be able to use their finger nails with the touch screen.
> That's what I do most of the time.

That's because you have such :) Mine are constantly eaten^H^H^H^H^Hcut.

BUT

A proper outside case should give you both protection for the FR *and* a stylus holder. I must agree with Rask on this one.

>    A DIY stylus holder might not be that diffcult to make. If you drill two
> holes in the case, you can fit a 5 cm long stylus in the space between the
> battery and the external GPS antenna connector, along the top of the GPS module and
> the SIM card. Just glue in a 5 mm tube to guide the stylus over the GPS
> module.

And your FR is not rounded any more, because stylus would have to stick out of the case (otherwise you cannot retrieve it easily).

Again this has been discussed for quite a long time [1].

Álvaro

[1] http://n2.nabble.com/FreeRunner-case-stylus-holder-was-Re-New-case-td3715758.html