OM-Showroom Something to show

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Sat Oct 3 14:08:41 CEST 2009

2009/10/3 Bernd Prünster <bernd.pruenster at gmail.com>:
> David Reyes Samblas Martinez wrote:
>> take a look here[1] for some screenshots and explanations :)
>> Please comments and of course collaboration :)
>>
>> [1]http://www.tuxbrain.com/en/content/om-showroom-something-show
>>

> Looks awesome, but it has a _MAJOR_ problem: to optimized for 480x640.
As you can see this is an adaptation of the existing an already
existing apt-portal aplication, playdeb.net website, I think this is a
quicker approach to have something running ASAP.

apt-portal/cherrypy has mechanism to detect navigator agent[1] and the
ideas is to make the site adapt himself to the neo resolution if it's
detected(using other css), also deactivate some of the eyecandy
effects than comes by default as javascript progressive smoth popups
of the pics and vids etc, but let us time to have at least a "basic"
desktop version ready and then we will move forward to add more
features, as multi distro, neo adaptation, comments, voting,
localization, and whatever we can desire on such kind of site :).....

I have updated the blog post with a picture of the om-hompage on the
qtmoko9 default browser. I don't look so bad ;), the other pages make
the browser crash indeed :P

[1]
Example of the l apt-portal log of from my desktop
"GET /updates/ HTTP/1.1" 200 3186 "http://192.168.2.191:8080/welcome/"
"Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; es-ES; rv:1.9.0.14) Gecko/2009090216
Ubuntu/9.04 (jaunty) Firefox/3.0.14"
Example of the log from the default webbrowser of qtmoko9
"GET /css/img/info_header.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 8147
"http://192.168.2.191:8080/updates/" "Mozilla/5.0 (QtEmbedded; U;
Linux; en-US) AppleWebKit/527+ (KHTML, like Gecko, Safari/419.3)
webviewer"

David Reyes Samblas Martinez
http://www.tuxbrain.com
Open ultraportable & embedded solutions