[debian] shr apps/stability usable as daily phone?

Sebastian Reichel elektranox at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 17:10:49 CEST 2009

On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 02:56:01PM +0200, Bernd Prünster wrote:
> since shr apps are now part of pkg-fso repo i was wondering how stable
> si it, because now i am seriously considering to switch to debain
> [wardriving!!!]
> is it as stable as (the stable shr u revisions) shr?

Hi,

I packaged SHR for the pkg-fso repository. On my phone it's running
very stable, but I didn't get much feedback from other guys. Apart
from this I can't compare with SHR, because I'm running Debian only
on my FR.

Please note, that some parts of SHR are still missing due to missing
python-elementary in Debian (shr-settings, opimd-utils) and that I'm
still working on the package containing the framework configuration.

P.S.: For wardriving you have to use an usb wifi stick, beacause the
Freerunner's wifi chip can't go into promiscious mode.

-- Sebastian