[fso based] Simplified mixer app

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 6 02:43:37 CEST 2009

On Friday 02 October 2009, Laszlo KREKACS wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Laszlo KREKACS
>
> <laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> > But there is so many things what changed, that Im completely lost.
>
> Just wanted to notice you, that restoring the original
> gsmhandset.state file (and rebooting)
> does solve my problem. Im able to take call, and hear the other party.
> (and he able to hear me).
>
> Although your program was nice. It changed the mic way better, what I
> had. Other party
> said, its much louder and clearer.
>
> Hope you can sort out, why the broken .state file is broken. And where
> the bugs comes from ...

Updated version now available:
http://www.mazikeen.demon.co.uk/openmoko/fso-simplemixer.py

I can't reproduce your problem with faulty saves. You should find some extra
debug output if you start it in a terminal, and message boxes so you know
something has happened. This will show which scenario it asked fso to save, so
you can check whether is asked to save the right one. It's possible we have
different versions of frameworkd. I'm testing with:

root at om-gta02 ~ $ opkg list_installed frameworkd
frameworkd - 0.9.5.9+gitr1697+ed29786daceccefe918ce3911e3b6fb7f2efb08c-r0 -

Other changes:
* More scenarios simplified.
* With unhandled scenarios there is a message instead of a blank screen or
crash

I looked into adding the alsa channel number to the name in the advanced view,
but pyalsaaudio doesn't make it available.