USB networking with Ubuntu 9.04

Tony Berth tonyberth at
Tue Oct 6 18:04:39 CEST 2009

followed as described in:

 Ubuntu 9.04 - the Jaunty Jackalope -- udev

One can see /etc/udev/rules.d that a device plugged in on USB will be called
*eth1*. Go to system->Administration->Network and add the parameters for
eth1 < static ip, address mask add your
default gateway>. Thats is all.

Tested with Qi bootloader aka official MAC address of the Freerunner : on
Android Koolu beta 7

Carig Philippines
17 June 2009 (UTC)

and eth1 gets assigned the proper IP address. I can connect to Neo but from
there I don't have any connection to the 'outside'. Please notice that
resolv.conf has the correct Opendns IPs!

Actually I should face the same problem as described in:

but the postings there weren't of any help :(