Rod Whitby (MokoMakefile author) moves on to start WebOS Internals

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Tue Oct 6 20:55:13 CEST 2009

2009/10/6 Rod Whitby <rod at whitby.id.au>:
> http://www.rwhitby.net/blog/webos-internals/palm-pre-lands-in-australia.html
>
> It is with some sadness that I must say goodbye to the OpenMoko
> community, and move on to new things.
>
> My dream of an OpenMoko phone with a hardware keyboard to replace my
> aging Treo 650 was never realised, and you all know the rest of the
> story on the software side of things.
>
> I've now started a new community (webos-internals.org) which does open
> source Linux-based development for the Palm Pre.
>
> My hope is that freesmartphone.org may one day be the bridge between
> the OpenMoko community I am now leaving, and the WebOS Internals
> community which has recently started.
>
> I wish everyone continuing down the OpenMoko path the best of success
> in the future.
>
> -- Rod
Hi Rod, thanks for your all your work on lower the barrier of OE hell
for a newbee like me,
and thanks for your private lessons about GPL licencing and nettiquete
I have learned a lot thanks to you,
I will follow your work whit the Pre close, I like to see little
devices with a free hackable penguin inside :)

David Reyes Samblas Martinez
http://www.tuxbrain.com
Open ultraportable & embedded solutions
Openmoko, Openpandora,  Arduino