USB networking with Ubuntu 9.04

Tony Berth tonyberth at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 7 20:02:45 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Matthias Huber <
matthias.huber at wollishausen.de> wrote:

>  Tony Berth schrieb:
>
> Bingo. Thanks A LOT!
>
> Is it possible to update the Wiki with that one. I think this will be a
> great help to the whole community
>
>  if you would tell me wich of / or both tricks did it on your system ?
>

>>> but i had to add this two lines to my /etc/ufw/ufw.conf
>>>
>>> ufw allow from 192.168.0.202
>>> ufw allow to 192.168.0.202
>>>

>>> another trial with iptables needs to load some modules too:
>>>
>>> #!/bin/sh
>>>
>>> MOKO=192.168.0.202
>>>
>>> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>>>  modprobe ipt_MASQUERADE
>>>
>>> iptables -I FORWARD -j ACCEPT -d ${MOKO}/32
>>> iptables -I FORWARD -j ACCEPT -s ${MOKO}/32
>>> iptables -I POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE -s ${MOKO}/32

what works was the script Cristian Gomez included in his reply!

Just for the records, the first time I run that script it does assign the
192.168.0.200 IP to eth1 but can't ping/access 192.168.0.202! Then:

- I disconnect Openmoko
- connect it again
- re-run the script and voila the connection is there!

Thanks

Tony