1024#

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Fri Oct 9 01:31:43 CEST 2009

On 8 Oct 2009, at 22:15, Mikhail Umorin wrote:
> On Thursday 08 October 2009 11:57:38 Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
>> either you are in a zone with weak signal from 4508 and 2DF1 (so you
>> jump frequently from one to the other) or yes, you probably are
>> suffering
>> from #1024 :(
>>

> What's the best way to differentiate? Stand by a cell tower and wait
> for a
> couple of hours?

It has already been posted here:

    Under normal circumstances you would only see these messages with a
    change of cell, so cid would be different. The only time I know of
    that you might legitimately see repeated reconnection to the same
cell
    is if you've got very low signal and it's the only cell visible.

I am really unclear why you feel the need to ask - yet again - if
you're affected by #1024, when all the symptoms so clearly seem to
point to it.

Your Freerunner is of one of the batches affected, yes?

Your Freerunner is reregistering. Obviously.

Do you really have reason to believe you're in an area which receives
poor coverage from these two towers? What signal strength do mobile
phones generally show in your house? Or are you just grasping at
straws, hoping your Freerunner is unaffected?

Stroller.